BigCommerce Shopping Cart is a paid-for eCommerce solution that offers small businesses a wide selection of advanced features to set up a comprehensive online store. Customers can design their own stores by choosing a template from a wide range of choices. Users have the option to sell either physical or digital goods; and there are also some tools provided to help market your store. BigCommerce aims to assist both web design beginners; and advanced users by allowing them to access the HTML and CSS of their.
Generating Connection Credentials
Below are the steps for getting BigCommerce connection credentials:
- Log in to BigCommerce.
- Click Advanced Settings located on the left side of the interface.
- Click API Accounts.
- Click the Create API Account button.
- Enter the information in the Name (integration name) field. Take note of the API Path. Note: Leave off the ending tag off the URL i.e. https://api.bigcommerce/store/v2
- Set the access to Modify for the following API resources. Note: Leave the default settings for Customers Login and Themes which is 'none'.
- Content - modify
- Customers - modify
- Information and Settings - modify
- Marketing - modify
- Orders - modify
- Order Transactions - modify
- Products - modify
- Carts - modify
- Click Save.
- A window pop-up will display your BigCommerce API Credentials: Client ID, Client Secret and Access Token. Copy and paste the details to save them.
- Click Done.
- On the next page, click ‘Need a legacy API key? Click here.’
- Click the Create a Legacy API Account button.
- Enter a Username. Take note of the API Path and API Token. Copy and paste the details to save them. You will need these information (credentials) for adding the connection settings in Order Time.
Adding Connection Settings
To start adding and testing the connection settings:
- Click on the Gear icon to access the Admin screen.
- Click Ecommerce Integration under the General section.
- Select Active and click the Add Cart button.
- Select BigCommerce by clicking its Add button.
- In the ECommerce Integration Editor page, enter and set the connection settings in the General tab.
- Website Name
- Enter or assign a name for your website.
- API URL
- This is the API Path you generated from Generating Connection Credentials > Step 12 above.
- Enter the BigCommerce API Path for API URL.
(Note: Make sure to remove the '/' following the Path URL or you will get an error)
Example - https://example.net/api/ to https://example.net/api
- This is the Username you entered in Generating Connection Credentials > Step 12 above.
- Enter the BigCommerce Username for username.
- This is the API Token you generated from Generating Connection Credentials > Step 12 above.
- Enter the BigCommerce API Token for password.
- Select what you need from the options provided by clicking the corresponding checkbox.
- Select at least one location if you want to limit the inventory to specific location(s).
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Save.