There are 2 main reasons your company needs to create transfers from Sales Orders.
- You want to treat a location as though they were a customer. A sales order is a great way to prepare stock. You can create linked purchases and linked work orders or the items on approved sales order create demand on the reorder analysis.
- You sell via consignment or send stock to a location before it's used.
Enable Transfer from Sales Order
Navigate to Preferences -- > Sales and click the Advanced Tab the check 'Enable creating a transfer from a sales order.'.
Once this is checked you will see another another preference 'Transferring from a sales order is used for consignment'.
- The Transfer uses the sales order location as the From location on the transfer
- The Transfer fills the sales order like a ship doc would.
- The Transfer uses the sales order location as the To location on the transfer
- The Transfer does not fill the sales order. A ship doc is created to fill the sales order.
- Open and approve a sales order
- Click Transfer
- Enter the To or From Location as appropriate.
- Transfer with sales order line items is created.
A new column on the transfer list called SO No will help reference which sales order originated the transfer.