The purpose of the merge customer function is to consolidate the information from 2 customers into 1.
A lead cannot be merged with a customer and visa versa.
What happens when customers are merged?
Let the customer to be merged be called the 'Source' and let the customer to merge into be called the 'Target'.
- Contact, Activities, Addresses and Attachments would be moved from the Source to the Target
- Quotes, Sales Orders, Ship Docs and Customer Returns would be moved from the Source to the Target
- Addresses are consolidated where possible.
- The Source is deleted
Order Time cannot merge customers using Accounting Integration therefore you should repeat the merge function within for the Source and Target within your accounting system.
- Find the Source (the customer you want to remove).
- Click Merge
- Select the Target (the customer to merge INTO)
- Click Save