Webinar Topics & Notes:
- Locations are used to separate inventory into physical or logical buckets
- There is always an HQ, this should be set to your primary Location as it is the default Location used on Inventory Transactions.
- You can change the name of the HQ but it should not be deactivated
- A Location can be made Unavailable. The inventory is On Hand but not available for sale
- Within each Location you can have one or more Bins
- Like locations, a bin can be made Unavailable. This is good for Returns
- Naming Bins -
- Bins as #'s. Sorting Bins is alphanumeric so 2 would come after 11 because the alphanumeric value of 2 is greater than 11. Now see what happens when you put 02
- A bin name can be up to 50 characters and can include a combination of information for example Row (Letter) & Aisle a number
- A Bin name cannot be duplicated in the same Location but it can in a different Location
- Default Bin on Item. Showing what happens in a Transaction
- Make Bins inactive, they can’t be deleted when they are in use
Transferring Inventory Between Locations
- To and from Location
- To and from Bin
- In Transit into Location
- Changing the default Bin on an Item does not move Inventory
- Item by Item moves
- Whole Bin moves
- Creating an Adjustment
Transfer from a Sales Order
- Preferences and whether it is on Consignment or not.
- Inventory Movement Details Report shows the Inventory movement by Item.
- Adding a New Location: Locations
- Complete a New Location Transfer: New Location Transfer
- Create a New Bin Move: New Bin Move
- Warehouse KB Articles: Warehousing
- Apple App for scanning: Order Time Mobile
- Creating Label Templates: Create Label Templates
- Remember to click Print Labels from the Location of the Bins you're looking f.