Sales Order Allocation is used when you get orders in advance and need to reserve the stock without a Ship Doc. This gives you complete control of reserving stock and allows you to also complete partial allocations & partial shipments.
Setting up who can Allocate Sales Orders
The first step to using Sales Order Allocation is setting which Roles can access the feature.
Head to Settings >> Roles >> Edit the Roles you want to access this feature:
Click the check box to activate the feature for this Role and click Save.
Adding 2 New Columns to the Sales Order List
Next click on the View Full List Dropdown, open up the Sales Order List. Click on the cog in the top right and go to the Columns Tab.
Add these two columns: Allocation Status & Allocation Percent
Allocation Status - Shows None, Partial, All
Allocation Percent - The actual percentage of items on the Sales Order that have been Allocated
Adding 2 New Columns to the Sales Order itself
Click on an individual Sales Order, then click on the cog right above the line items. Go to the Columns tab.
Add these two columns: Allocated & Unallocated
Allocated - The amount of that line Item that has been allocated to reserve the stock.
Unallocated - The amount of that line Item that is not Allocated.
Allocating from a Sales Order
To Allocate the entire Sales Order, click on the orange Allocate button in the top-left.
This will set every line item to Allocated which you can see in that column. It also spawns the Deallocate button which can reverse what you've just done and release the stock back to Unallocated.
Batch Action can also be used to Allocate a bunch of Sales Orders at once from the Sales Orders List.
- Select the Sales Orders you wish to Allocate
- Click on Batch Action
- Click on Allocation
- Click Allocate or Deallocate
- You will see the Allocation Status change to All
- To Allocate inventory you must have a Location set
- Once you Allocate you cannot change the Location
- Allocating reserves the stock and takes it out of Inventory making it Unavailable
You can create a partial allocation very quickly, click on the edit button for each line item that you want to remove from Allocation.
Click on the Bins tab and change the quantity Allocated or click on the X to remove that Bin and its Quantity from Allocation.
When you go back to the Sales Order you can see that one line item is Allocated and the other is Unallocated.
On the Sales Order list you can now see that the Sales Order has a Partial Allocation and the exact percent of the items on the order that are Allocated.
- When the Ship Doc is created from the Sales Order, only the Allocated Inventory will be filled.
- A Partial Allocation will just create a partial Ship Doc, another Ship Doc will need to be created when the rest of the order is filled.
Turning off Sales Order Allocation
If you'd like to turn off the Sales Order Allocation feature, follow these instructions.
- Head to Admin > Company Preferences > Sales
- Click on the Advanced Tab
- Uncheck the box that says Enable Allocation
- Click Save