Under Item preference, you will be able to dictate various aspects of item usage.
The Items preference contains several options of how the Item will be used within your organization. Special attention should be given to each of these options for they have major consequences for your items.
The Items Section allows you to modify the following:
- If the Kit Selection prices must be the same as its item's price.
- Allow the editing of an Inventory Items' properties inherited from the Item Group (Accounts, UOM, Price Levels) If the preference is not selected the the change made to the item group are applied to its item automatically.
- Update an Item's account when changing the item's group. This will allow you to change the accounts of the Item groups when moving them from one Group to another.
- The 'Next Item No.' button will give you the option to use the last record (Uncheck to use the last sequence #)
- By default, new items being created will have Lot/Serial # tracking turned on.
- Allow Duplicate UPC's.
- Enable Multiple Units of Measure. This will allow you to use the UOM Sets that you set up and assign them to the items.
- Enable Kit Rules. This will allow you to restrict kit options depending on what is previously selected in the Kit.
- Allow style variants to be edited individually. By default style variants cannot only be edited through the style.
- Allow style variants to be added to orders individually. Be default styles are added a group to an order through the style matrix.
Click Save when done.