Please read this checklist in its entirety
- Do you want to import records like customers, items and vendors from QuickBooks or Xero?
Do you sell in foreign currency?
Do you buy, sell or use the same product in different units of measure?
Roles and Users
- Roles allow you to set access levels for your users.
- You can even set access levels at the field level.
- Set up Roles
- As you go through the check list below you may find you need additional fields.
Profile lists are helper or lookup lists (for example Vendor Type). Populate these lists as needed for your implementation.
Do you want to categorize your vendors? (Vendor Types)
Do you want to categorize your Customers? (Customer Types)
Which shipping methods do you use? (Ship Methods)
Do you store inventory in more than one location? (Set Up Locations)
Within a location do you use bins or areas within a warehouse to store inventory? (Set Up Bin Locations)
- Vendors are businesses or people that sell you products and services.
Customers and Leads
- Customers are businesses or people that buy products and services from you.
Ship To Addresses
- Customers and Leads can have multiple Ship To addresses.
- One default ship to address is created for each customer.
- A customer or lead can have multiple contacts.
- You can indicate the contact on sales orders and quotes.
- Items are products, services and other charges that you buy, sell or otherwise consume.
- The Type of item will depend on the nature of your business.
- If you are a wholesaler, retailer or a manufacturer that outsources production, you will create mostly Parts.
- You may also need Services, Kits and Other Charge items (e.g. Shipping).
- If you are a manufacturer that does some assembly or production you will create mostly Parts for components and raw materials and Assemblies.
- Before creating the assembly items, create or import the components and raw materials.
Tracking Lots or Serial Numbers
- Do you want to track serial or lot numbers? (when creating a part or assembly check the box)
- Order Time can help you create and maintain items with variations such as size and color using the Styles Editor.
Kits and Configurations
- A Kit is a container for a group of items that are sold together (also known as bundles).
Item and Vendors
- An item can have multiple vendors with different part numbers, cost and lead times.
- The Standard Cost (Std. Cost) on an item should be in your home currency and be based on the primary unit of measure.
- The cost listed on Item Vendors should be in the vendors currency and in the 'purchase as' unit or measure if different than the primary unit of measure.
Form and Email Templates
- Use Form Templates to design what your documents like sales orders and quotes will look like.
- Use Email Templates to design your outbound emails for consistent communication to customers and vendors.