Shopify Shopping Cart offers small businesses everything they need to get started immediately after signing up. It has an extensive design features that allow users to construct their online channel - from the look of their website to inventory management. It is simple to use, but it also has features for advanced designers, such as access to CSS and HTML files.
Generating Connection Credentials
Below are the steps for getting Shopify connection credentials:
- Log in to Shopify.
- Click Apps located on the left side of the interface.
- Click Manage Private Apps which is near the bottom of the interface.
- Click the Create New Private App button.
- Enter the information in the Private app name (integration name) and Contact email fields.
- Make sure the following Permissions are Set to 'Read & Write'
- Customer details and customer groups
- Orders, transactions and fulfillments
- Price rules
- Product information
- Products, variants and collections
- Shipping rates, countries and provinces
- Check 'Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API'.
- Click Save.
- The page will refresh and you will see the following information. Copy and paste to save them because you will need these information (credentials) for adding the connection settings in Order Time.
- API Key
- Password - Click Show.
Adding Connection Settings
To start adding and testing the connection settings:
- Click on the Gear icon to access the Admin screen.
- Click Ecommerce Integration under the General section.
- Select Active and click the Add Cart button.
- Select Shopify by clicking its Add button.
- In the ECommerce Integration Editor page, enter and set the connection settings in the General tab.
- Website Name
- Enter or assign a name for your website.
- API URL
- This is the Example URL you generated from Generating Connection Credentials > Step 9 above.
- Enter the Shopify Example URL for API URL.
- For example: https://apikey:firstname.lastname@example.org/admin/orders.json should be entered as https://apikey:email@example.com/admin
- This is the API Key you generated from Generating Connection Credentials > Step 9 above.
- Enter the Shopify API Key for username.
- This is the Password you generated from Generating Connection Credentials > Step 9 above.
- Enter the Shopify Password for password.
- Select what you need from the options provided by clicking the corresponding checkbox.
- Select at least one location if you want to limit the inventory to specific location(s).
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Save.
Shopify notifies it's customers when their servers are down.