When exporting data from Order Time it is most often opened in Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Excel often tries to format numbers for you. Sometimes this causes a problem with numbers being replaced with scientific notation.
Here are the steps to take to fix this issue:
- Open a blank workbook in Excel
- Click the “Data” tab and then, next to the “Get Data” option in the upper left, click “From Text/CSV”
- In the Import Data window, select the file you need to open and then click “Import”.
- In the lower right corner of the next window that pops up, click “Transform Data”.
- Select any cell in the pop up window.
- Use “Ctrl+A” to select all columns and then, from the “Data Type” dropdown in the middle top of the window, select “Text” from the drop down menu.
- In the “Change Column Type” window that pops up, click “Replace Current”
- In the upper left hand corner, click “Close & Load”
- All the data should then be imported cleanly into the blank workbook.